04 Apr Signed Sealed and Delivered
Signed Sealed and Delivered
These last 24 hours or so seem to have sealed our fate. We needed the forecasted model winds to hold in order to make enough miles east to give us options. All was in order with the wind blowing at the model forecasted 12-15 knots. Inexplicably the wind dropped to 4-8 and stayed that way all afternoon. And then all night, all morning, and most of this afternoon. Our options went the way of the failing breeze with it our fate was sealed.
Behind us and barring retreat or slowing down is Tropical Cyclone Irondo transitioned into post-tropical depression. For some reason known only to its demented self, Irondo recurves North, travels eastward and then drops South again either right on top of us, or right behind us depending on which model forecast you believe. In between, we have very strong northerlies of 30-35 knots with significant waves of 5-6 meters that limit progress to the South only. And in the South, stronger winds and bigger waves await along what’s left of Irondo.
Sailors like options and we don’t seem to have many. This all is forecasted to happen sometime in the next 4-8 days. One thing though is for certainly. The modeled forecast will change. Hopefully for the better and if not, then perhaps the change will present some options we don’t have or can’t see now.
Right about now, I feel as if we’re hoping against hope. I much prefer choices to chance.
Follow my tracks in real-time: